Friday, February 12, 2021

Homeschool Feb week 1


We started our week off with a "Mom date" Reese and Kylie love their dates when we hit up our local boutique, Emmie James.

Nixon and Kylie made us cinnamon rolls with our fresh yeast starter.

The kids love playing with wax stamping.
3 generations of braces:)
We had my parents over for a birthday dinner and my dad helped Nixon made a beautiful candle holder for me.

The kids and Conrad made me feel like a million bucks. I am one blessed human.


Look at that omelet!

This week the kids learned about inertia in science.


They loved pulling the table cloth out from under a glass plate. Nixon tried a book first because he was nervous the plate would break.
We learned a few things on YouTube about baby animals.
For my birthday we went snowshoeing as a family.



Morning snuggles.
Times tables can be hard.
This girl gets up every morning at 7:30am and starts right in on her scriptures then math,
We went to the post office and got all 7 of our passports. No big trips planned but just in case we decide last minute, we will be prepared:) 
Nixon got beat by Mr. Lynn this week in chess. 
Reese and Nixon learned how to cypher code and wrote cryptic notes back and forth:)

Conrad has been backcountry skiing. This week he went 3 times with different buddies.

Building a robot car.
Neck deep in Valentines- one of my most favorite holidays.
Mason graced us with his piano skills.
Mason came to back country ski in the morning and Collin and McKayla came for an afternoon resort ski.



The kids LOVE 4 wheeling in our yard. Reese is driving.

I threw a party for myself:) It was the 2nd annual birthday snowshoe day! We had the best time with my family. I just love this photo of everyone playing. It just reminds me of a wild and free childhood.






What a week!! Full of family, friends and way too much fun.